All three mid-week teams will play finals this week, after the final round of home and away matches was completed last Friday. In the final round Divisions Two and Three recorded strong wins, whilst the Division One side lost a close match against Rochester. All semi final matches will be played at Rich River on Friday, and City of Echuca members are encouraged to get along and support our players in all three divisions.
In weekend pennant, Divisions One, Two and Four recorded good wins, whilst Division Three lost their match against ladder leaders Rich River. The Division Five side received a forfeit from Tongala. The Division One match against Rich River was close all day, with the Echuca team holding on to win by 3 shots. But importantly, they picked up two rink wins and a tie. The Division Two side played at Rich River and Garry Hunter’s team of Carly Taylor, Eddie Blampied and John O’Brien continued their great form to win their game by 28 shots. This led the way for an overall win by 36 shots. The Division Three side was competitive for most of the day against Rich River but eventually lost by 18 shots. Division Four was also in a close battle but finished the day in front by one shot. Lal Whyte, Greg Clymo, Maurie Spiers and Steve Morgan led the way with an 8 shot win in their game.
City of Echuca bowlers are reminded that the Chemist Warehouse fours tournament is to be played on Monday, March 6th. Full details are available on the club notice board, and a list for unavailable players is also on the notice board.
- Twilight triples – Monday, February 13th
- John Simpson, Lorelle Opthoog and Richard Robb
- Gary Armstrong and Craig Beck
- Ladies social bowls – Tuesday, February 14th
- Marie Malone, Sharon Van de Zand and Lois Robson
- Murray Darling Hearing Breakfast fours – Wednesday, February 15th
- Margot Brennan, Deanna Hogan, Karen Brennan and Rhonda Goudge (Moama)
- Michelle Cunnington, Kerryn Evans, Lyn Snell and Joan Armstrong (Echuca)
- Jenny Major, Lyn Moon, Jeanette Kneebone and Beryl Elliott (Rochester)
- Men’s’ pairs – Thursday, February 16th
- Trevor Najorcka and KD Martin
- John Dinsdale and D Matthews
Vouchers: John Elliott, Cyril Napier, Garry Hunter, John Blair and Hugh Davies